Sunday, October 8, 2017

beauty in our lives

post #356
       It has been raining here all day long -- after at least a month of steady warm and sunny days. It's wonderful the woods are getting a soaking as we head into fall where fire is a bigger problem if fallen leaves are dry. As I write this, Tropical Storm Nate is getting pretty close to eastern Kentucky. 
       I made the four following photos several hours ago as I left where I used to live. The only way out is by this beautiful driveway -- made even more beautiful now that I'm no longer responsible for getting leaves out of the ditch along the side of it....

headed out

looking back toward where I had just been

another view forward -- this time through the windshield!

around the curve, looking back

What I left behind -- after a birthday party for my daughter. These lovelies and tasties were brought by friends who have Forgotten Foods Farm, LLC.

the morning after -- my daughter, her daughter, and her brother -- sweet!!



     This last photo for today was made recently, while I checked the milkweed plants. There's something about the moon that brings out whatever love I have for mystery.  Also, I must confess, with the distressing travesties being carried out in D.C. that expose the weak links in our democracy, it never hurts to be in the presence of a beauty that is reliable and true to itself.

2 comments:

  1. Totally beautiful! And "around the curve, looking back" could be the title of a memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " There's something about the moon that brings out whatever love I have for mystery. " Me too!

    ReplyDelete