Sunday, October 29, 2017

the PUMPKIN place

post #358
       While on the island of Martha's Vineyard, in Massachusetts -- see previous blog post -- I was taken to MORNING GLORY FARM, in Edgartown. When I returned to Kentucky, I discovered that my daughter has the book about the place, with photos taken by Alison Shaw, my photography teacher when I did a weeklong photography workshop on the island in 2004.  Anyway, we went to the farm stand (a large building) for lunch. What an amazing place. And they go all out for pumpkins.
         Normally I wouldn't do a whole post about pumpkins and seasonal decor in another state, but, since today is Hallowe'en weekend and it was so much fun to be there, this post is inspired by their "art." Enjoy!!

a cornucopia display



overhead

in the yard, with pumpkins in trees


pumpkins everywhere


        I do wonder what the place looked like before Oct. 20 when I made these photos!

        I wrote last week that I had to change planes in Philadelphia -- with a 2 1/2 hour layover.  This is the view out my window as we took off from Philly, on a chrsytal clear night. The city lights were even more sparkly than this iPhone photo shows.
          I'm always glad to be headed for my Kentucky home.


1 comment: