Sunday, April 29, 2018

favorite flower photos along my path

post #384
      Often I have to use the photos that are new in order to tell the story I want to share on a certain Sunday.  They aren't always my very best photos technically speaking -- a trade off of sorts.  But today I thought I would pull some of my favorite flower photos from the last few years and put them together for today's post.  I've really enjoyed "picking" some of them, and I hope they are enjoyed by some of you as well.

     First some flowers from Kentucky, mostly wild ones and wonderful to discover:

wood betony, literally along the path

in the woods


star chickweed

ferns, in the woods
beauty in a nearby garden as well -- thanks Mary Sue and Gary

crocuses left to their own devices

Rose of Sharon

zinnias in Sandy's yard -- and a welcome bee

       And next some favorites from my visits to England, where I go more than once a year, to visit with my stepmother there.  Their gardens are every where, and any photographer finds the long evening light to be so inspiring. 


a corner of my stepmother's walled-in garden, with birch trees, early in the morning

all around the town
 
very British hanging "baskets", in the Cotswolds


asters, by Peggy

in-town garden

      There are more, but my laptop persists in stubbing up tonight. Therefore the post has taken me a lot longer than what I have to show for the time spent. I'll need to whip everyone into shape and share some more next week. I'm going to try one more last photo, however, taken in New Hampshire, in the beloved garden of Sheila and David. How can I not take all these photos when there are such gifts around to be uncovered. 




5 comments:

  1. All lovely but for some reason I like the last the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I responded to you earlier but forgot to click on the Publish button... I mentioned that I love the photo, too, with the basket, but it has never sold as a note card. Maybe New Hampshire doesn't appeal in Kentucky??? Sheila and David really love their garden. xo

      Delete
  2. We are having a very late and slow spring in western Massachusetts, so it is lovely to see all these bright Kentucky and British flowers! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Maureen!! We had the possibility of some frost this morning! April 30! However I think we're about to have our first warm spell. R and J have not been missing your Massachusetts winter....

      Delete