Sunday, November 4, 2018

fall photos from former falls

post #404
      Some years are better than others. It just happens that way.  I'm talking in this case about the fall foliage. This past week, when this year's leaves were trying their best, I ended up in Chicago for a few days and didn't take photos. Therefore I think this year is a good excuse for showing some of my favorite views of this season over the years. Enjoy!

nearing the end of the season, in the evening light

winter preparations at Dail and Ethel's

lingering and late, at the pond

Even the simplest looks lovely.



the driveway

seen from the road along the ridge


hillside graves

Pearl's place, on my ridge

on the driveway

deep in the woods

along the ridge

        Well, that's enough to get the idea!  
       The main thing this year is the beauty of democracy. This might sound sappy, but we have the opportunity to join all our colors together by voting, by bringing more women into the political life of our nation, by walking the walk and talking the talk of tolerance and fairness.  I dream of no more lies and meanness, no more manipulation by fostering fear, and no more ignoring to our peril the changing climate. I certainly don't want my tax dollars used to pay for the military to go to the border for a problem that only exists as a pre-election diversion by those who worry they are about to lose an election because of increasing incompetence.
        I write this as much for the people in other countries who look at my blog as I do for my fellow citizens. I want the world to to be reminded that Americans haven't totally lost their tolerance for diversity -- which has made our country strong since its beginning. We haven't totally lost our bearings. 
        My deepest thanks go to all who have been working hard to get out the vote, and to all who will accept the work needed to make democracy work, by voting on Tuesday.

2 comments: