Sunday, January 13, 2019

catching up with myself, sort of

post #414
       YO! I am trying to keep up with myself and not listen to the news too much and enjoy my hermit days when they happen -- like yesterday. It's wet outside, some snow, some rain, and who knows what something will happen during the night.  I hope everyone is safe and sane and staying positive in this new year. Today I'm simply sharing some moments from the past three weeks. Then next week I will do more of the Maine photos.
      To begin, a few snow photos from Colorado, in the mountains, where everyone is eager for measurable snowfall: 


tracks and shadows

Christmas gift -- a robot by remote

Can you find the same girl at a table in this restaurant? With my empty seat beside her?
 
Also on the balcony, besides myself -- a very unique chess board!


Back in Kentucky, stove-top shadows and patterns, thanks to Nik and Hannah -- bravo!!

Lexington, Kentucky had an arts display this fall of outdoor benches decorated with a book in mind -- this bench was inspired by a book by George Ella Lyon. I knew about the bench but I didn't know where it was. I found its more permanent location totally by accident, near the entrance to the Carnegie Literacy Center! It is based on her book What Forest Knows, illustrated by August Hall.  George Ella, when you see this post, could you please send a comment here to tell who the Lexington artist is?  I keep forgetting to tell you that I found "your" bench, in December!



I love the bird in the opening and the dog under the bench!


    

       Back home, I visited Sandy, and all those guineas came to visit at the same time!  There must have been a lot of news to catch up on.... Thanks, Sandy, for sharing your photo here.


I hope you have a good catch-up to share stories with someone, soon. 
 

1 comment: