Sunday, January 6, 2019

a rare sun day today, do my photos shine?

post #413
           Welcome to the new year!  In honor of this annual new beginning, I guess I need to say one thing I hope for -- which are breakthroughs for our nation.  The variety of backgrounds newly representing us in the Congress is a hopeful sign. So is increased scrutiny of the impetuous and irresponsible behavior of folks in leadership positions in America. We could be so much stronger. We could be less afraid that we will run out of clean water and clean air future generations will need. We could make education a priority, so kids can be all they can be and not held back. (Kentucky, thanks to hard work and persistence by advocates, now has a law requiring that schools provide appropriate learning experiences for kids whose brains are excellent except they learn differently, such as experienced with dyslexia. Even small steps forward contribute to the greater good.) We each could and must learn to think independently from the herd and from what defies common sense. 

         Then there's the fact that I'm still having beginner's missteps 'twixt blog and my new laptop. So I decided at the least to test the technical quality of my photos, which seem to look a lot sharper on the new laptop! Can this be really so? Well, I've chosen some fun ones to test it out. Here goes:


Jamie gathering the bails of hay


Natalee, my neighbor and friend, is patient during a photo shoot at her grandmother's house.

 
A favorite cousin camp moment, at the pond, in honor of Eric starting a new job tomorrow as Solicitor General of Colorado! May you never lose sight of the family sense of humor!


with Mariko, and two of her friends, near Rennes, where they live, in France



mother and daughter, same place in France, very good sports about my taking a photo, though I do speak French



grandmother and granddaughter, first bottle


The meat's alike on the inside.



a child, during a demonstration, in Morehead

an artist with an amazing story and talent, at his exhibit at the Kentucky Folk Art Center, in Morehead




Wilkerson cousins, revisiting some childhood summers, in Vermont

on land, nearby the boats

maybe cousins, here in Kentucky?

I love discovering where pileated woodpeckers hang out.

I hope these photos look fine. I am grateful to be able to share them with you.  Thanks, Ann

2 comments:

  1. I really like the lake photo from Vermont. Deer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve - thanks. I have more Vermont/lake photos. Maybe I will post them next week. It was one of those times when almost every photo worked out. It was amazing that we all got there, and the weather was great.

      Delete