Saturday, January 19, 2019

TIme for a summer moment, in Maine

post #415
       Too much ugliness is showing in the world these days. And Steve L. encouraged me two weeks ago.  So I've decided today to go back to Maine, from when I was there a year or two ago.  My paternal female cousins got together for a long September weekend, something we had never really done before.  It was about time! 
       And then the light from the lake and the sky was so lovely that I managed to get some good photos.  Even when it rained I got some good photos. I didn't go just to take photos, however, but I'm so glad I had my good camera with me.  We ate well, talked and walked well, and between all of us we remembered well our childhood summer on this same lake, Lake Caspian in Greensboro, Vermont, over 50 years ago!  Bless you cousins, all.
        ENJOY!

 The dock for our long weekend rental was sort of our anchor, so to speak --


view along the bank near the dock





picturesque morning neighbor


afternoon visit from cousin Steve and Kathy, our cousin-in-law

and their happy-to-be-out-of-the-car dog



This view is looking from our dock to the right, in the morning.


gotta love the railing!

We were walking on the path around the lake until we came to the back of the house where we spent time as kids.  At least we were almost 100% sure this was that house.
midday light, but still beautiful with the clouds
another middle of the day, no clouds but lovely sister in the stern, and her visiting friend

one morning's fire after a very chilly night

never a gathering of any kind without a jigsaw puzzle
the longest game of Clue any of us had EVER played









What a wonderful weekend. I hope the photos look particularly good as we face storms all around us today. I also hope all peoples can be safe and the world made safer.

1 comment:

  1. Cousin Camp in VT! These are great and thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete