Sunday, February 24, 2019

some Feb. 24s

post #420
          Last week's picks from exact years ago was so much fun for me that I am going to do it again. It's actually helpful to review these earlier moments and be reminded that some things stay the same and some things change. And I suspect that's what the rest of my life will do, as each year becomes part of whatever path I'm busy discovering I have been on.
         In any case, here's some of the fun:

2018, February 24 --

This photo is at my gallery house the same day as the next four photos taken by my daughter at what is now her house.

photo by Rebecca

photo by Rebecca
photo by Rebecca
photo by Rebecca


THE YEAR BEFORE, 2017:
 
creek training, while I was photographing near the waterfall



NOW another year earlier, 2016: 
 
I now have a car that has room for bumper stickers. I will try to find this one in my piles somewhere and paste it on. Please, everyone, trust in the wisdom of this proverb.

This barn stood for ages while becaming increasingly wobbly. One day on my drive to town, soon after taking this photo, I found the barn demolished. There is now an empty space. I often see the shadow of its stories when I go by, the years of hay or cattle or horses, and the hard work of farming not occupying the same place in the lives we currently are leading. I love the lines of snow on the roof, like in a poem.


ONE MORE YEAR BEFORE, this time 2015:

These steps make up for all the work they require by being very photogenic....

I remember distinctly being totally taken by the way the shadows of the trees worked with the bare tree trunks, providing there was both sun AND snow at the same moment in time.

sharing the woods with others
         On a personal note, I would like to pay tribute today to my step-sister Haven, on her birthday. She passed away last month after many years with a less common kind of breast cancer that she took to task with every means possible over 8 or 9 years.  She was a tiger, and she had earlier written several books on how to live a saner, healthier life.  And she loved California where she had lived for almost 50 years.  I send my love to her husband, Robert, and to her son, Steve, his wife Piper, and their two very young children whom Haven was grateful to have been with as much as she could.

No comments:

Post a Comment