Sunday, March 3, 2019

Ice is nice when not on the roads or breaking branches.

post #421
           Slippery times. We are once again not getting the worst of the storm of the week, but it will be very cold for a few days
           I hope somehow everyone has at least seen some of the beauty outside. In case not, I've decided to post some ice photos, all made during the past 5 years. 
           I always am conscious of being privileged to have a warm, dry place at my home. 

Please note: Soon you will realize this post had to end rather abruptly because I can't get the space to expand. My apologies. I would rather post it now, however, and fix it later, or perhaps do a second post on this subject. 
           


It rarely happens that the top and the bottom of this frozen waterfall meet in the middle. Here is an example of making ends ALMOST meet. One time a friend and I heard a big crash on our way to "the big waterfall".  We surmised that the top section has simply fallen off all of a piece.

cliffs and rhododendrons

the white ribbons of frozen creeks

ice mystery in McCreary County, in southeastern Kentucky


delicate shapes for the moment  



two glorious shapes from under the waterfall in the next photo



overhangs, along the creek

spray art

back up at the pond





No comments:

Post a Comment