Sunday, March 24, 2019

California, #2, more walking around

post #424
           I'm home again, where it's not yet fully spring, and these California blooms help with the waiting for flowers in Kentucky. I didn't take my heavier camera with me on this trip, so I did the best I could with what I had.
           I have 24 photos to share left -- too many for one post -- so I'll be having a third California post next Sunday.

 IN LIZ's TINY FRONT YARD:





mint to be....

a good year for lemons


also a good year for limes

plum blossoms

THE RED WOOD TREE:
extra close neighbor, long timer

seen through the sky window in the guest room

seen from the front yard

INSIDE THE ENTRANCE OF THE HOUSE, a genuine warm welcome -- from dolls that belonged to Liz's mother:




          I'll be forever grateful for the six day visit Liz and I had together. We've been friends for 55 years! I will post the remaining photos next week. (True confession: I traveled light, but I am still not fully unpacked.... )

2 comments:

  1. The photo of the redwood next to the house is great! Could it be a card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't considered that. Will consider it. In any case, it's a very rare sight, though pretty soon Liz's house may no longer be able to hold its own.

      Delete