Sunday, March 17, 2019

on the road again

post #423
       Greetings from .... well, feel free to figure it out by looking carefully into the distance in the first photo for a famous landmark that exists nowhere else. I am riding in a bus from the airport.





         Roads and more roads are taking me to places I don't usually go. My good friend, Liz, knows where to walk on roads that go to the nearby Pacific Ocean.  (Ha, another clue!)






See, I really do have my friend with me, and here she is up close and personal with the cliffs at this beach.

        Everywhere we walk  -- beach or neighborhood  --  are flowers and blooming plants of all sorts along the way:



































Roads even take us to the big city, so we could visit their well known museum of modern art.





Guess what -- photographers absolutely love to end up at a large exhibit of a "kindred spirit" photographer! Five rooms are filled with the work by Louis Stettner, whom I didn't know a thing about before this trip.

     Back out on the street, I see a familiar sign -- used in George Ella Lyon's autobiography for children because she remembers staying here as a child and loving the sound of the words Hotel Pickwick.

        Well, I hope the Golden Gate Bridge could be seen in the middle of the first picture, and, along with a couple of other clues, it's by now clear I am visiting in San Francisco. I haven't been here in a long time.

        I hope everyone has roads to explore at times in their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment