Sunday, June 2, 2019

people with patience, from far and near places

post #434
       Here we go, random places, good people everywhere, within the past 5 years. Each photo has a story, but I'm not telling them at this point. Just giving hints, and thanks for the many kindnesses I have experienced.  (I decided I would do the family photos next week.)

A close Japanese friend married a Frenchman, and he has a dog...We've gone to the outdoor market, in Rennes!

Liz, her home, and the redwood experience, uh, closeness in, yes, California.
a major effort at the closing of a Memorial Service reception -- so generous
 
Ah, in the same room, a few years earlier, the fascination with the ceiling fan!
spring glory in Massachusetts (Are you surprised to see this here, M.?)

Our art show volunteer receptionist, looking so alluring in purple,
and her grandson and his wife. They may tease me about including this photo...

still more members of that family, in January 2019



Another family unit - grandfather, musician Steve Lyon, and granddaughter, with the amazing eyes,

and her grandmother, writer George Ella Lyon with her longtime friend, writer Gurney Norman, at the Appalachian Writers Conference in Hindman, KY . I've taken many photos of George Ella, and I really like this one, which was not planned. Just happened..

I really like this photo as well, in England. I'm having tea with two of the nicest people I can imagine.
This photo was a quick reflex on my part, and it's always fun when that works out. This man is also very nice. He lives and works in Costa RIca.

I'm sneaking this photo in -- this is myself, when I first came to the area where I now live, in the late 60s.  I believe my sister, Robin Wilkerson, took this photo. When else will I have an excuse on this blog to include this moment in time?

         More next week -- I'm still having fun assembling these rogues' galleries, and my foot is healing quite well. I think one more month of working on it will do the trick. These posts also keep me from getting terrified by the chaos, the lack of backbones in our nation's U.S. Senators, and the continuing thoughtless destruction of our one and only earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment