Monday, June 17, 2019

June flowers and falls

post #436
         The news is that I've taken up walking again, because my foot is better! I even took my camera out for a kind of spin in the last few days. I am very rusty with it!  Even so I want to share here some of my restart moments. They include a drive to southeast Kentucky, with time at friend's farm there and at the amazing nearby Cumberland Falls. 


This ATV took us through the woods -- since I still am being careful in my walking.

We were stopped so that the others could walk to this waterfall, but I couldn't join them yet.  photo by Beth Ducot 



         The next two photos show the blooming mountain magnolia -- It was amazing to learn about this beautiful and elusive bush. Or is it a tree? I made these photos without a tripod or much time. But you get the idea. 


a lovely daisy in a field of grasses and flowers, designed to nurture butterflies and birds

flowers in the garden surrounding the house belonging to the Farm House Inn:









looking out through the upstairs screen, framed by the chimney


          Later we went to Cumberland Falls State Park. These are the falls that boast a moonbow every month when the moon is full.  Of course the weather has to provide a clear sky at the same time -- always a fascinating place despite my not being able this time to do the walking to the bottom of the falls.
            




photo by Beth Ducot, from below the falls



 A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.



A FOOT NOTE, so to speak.... For a week or so in May I was able to enjoy my purple toes inside, and the purple wisteria just outside the closest window.  I had fun imagining some kind of cosmic connection.  My purple pain is now over (YEA,) as is the wisteria (BOO.)





        

Next week: the cohosh story

No comments:

Post a Comment