Sunday, October 11, 2020

More of marvelous Melva's end of summer garden, part 2 of 2

post #511

        Here in northeastern Kentucky, we're having a wet, wet weekend, and, at last, the look of autumn. I'm honored and delighted to have the rest of my friend's garden photos (and her descriptions) to share with you! (I hope you have already seen last week's post..)

 Pokeweed, which I let grow because I love pokeweed's tender growth:

red cardinal vine, an annual which is worth seeding each year:

 

 red zinnia, another annual which is worth seeding every year:



butterfly weed with love-lies-bleeding in the background, upper right of the photo....every annual is worth seeding every year:

white marigolds, actually rather pale yellow, my first:


purple okra, for color and for savoring flavor:

green tomatoes, which have lost most of their leaves and so won't last much longer:

cosmos pink:

last of the leeks, a favorite for cooking:

potted sage, (bottom -- potted sage, /pineapple sage --mid-pot  / purple sage next to the pot, on the right); handy for tea!

LAST FIG RIPENING ON THE TREE -- which will have to be wrapped and kept over the winter in the garage once the leaves all drop.

             (note from me, Ann: How many of us would wish to spend the winter warmly wrapped and safely stashed in the garage?!?!?!   At times, this is a tempting thought....)

 


            Again, so many thanks, Melva, and congrats for your lifetime of learning from your love of working in gardens.  I do hope I didn't mislabel anything that's crucial!  

            Dear viewers, enjoy today's "seedy" post....

         

No comments:

Post a Comment