Sunday, October 25, 2020

I'm still needing to speak out


     Two things today -- this was meant for a mid-week post, which is a rarity....because it takes discipline and time, neither being abundant in my world.  At least I finally was able to get this photo on the blog.  (By chance I moved it more slowly, and then it made its way from desktop to post.  Persistence required, and luck.  It belongs between the two other photos of her in the last post, but I'm not going to stretch my luck at this time by putting it exactly there. A week in between them is fine). 

    Also, I did find out how to receive comments in this revised system, so that's now fixed as well!  What isn't fixed is how to get every single person out to vote in this very important election. I will never know how anyone feels safe with a mentally ill person being in charge of things, like the nuclear button, or who's OK with those 545 kids at the border having been separated from  parents now lost because records weren't kept (because nobody cared, I assume), but the big thing by now is to VOTE within the next 9 days. Everyone.  Stay healthy as well.  That horrible virus doesn't care whom you vote for either.  

     Here's the letter I received yesterday! Yea!!


The mailboxes across the road from me -- again BRAVO RURAL POSTAL CARRIERS!!



my former driveway, showing the rebound still in effect from a horrendous "tornadic" wind storm 25 years ago.  I send condolences to all those affected by current tornadoes, floods, or fire. There are so many wrenching stories. Our earth needs our attention and creative problem solving, by all of us.
 

 the drive in view two days or so later:

 


Trees are tops!

three more photos while sitting at the pond after reading aloud a couple of chapters from The Secret Garden:



        It fascinates me how the leaves quietly move and rearrange themselves, even in a small pond.  Of course this is what we are hoping for in this election --  which could be setting us up for a healthier democracy if we all pay attention!  (Sorry, I can't help myself from including these current events comments.... Sharing here is one of the few things I can do to support the activists and the clear thinkers who are trying to help people to believe that change is not only possible but it is incredibly necessary.  My thanks for anything you are doing as well!!!)


2 comments:

  1. Heartfelt & beautiful. Thank you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now let's try a reply! Do I get to thank you specifically for your newly- arrived-in-the-world book Voices of Justice???

      Delete