Sunday, January 17, 2021

beginning of Biden as President, middle of winter, end of Trump's term, each loaded with unknowns

post #525

        Today is the middle of this three day weekend, but it also the start of a week that has a major begining midweek, preceeded by a major ending!  If the shut-down life we are leading doesn't mess with my sense of time, all that is happening these days -- combined with what is not able to happen --  certainly does throw me.  I'm left a bit disoriented sometimes about what day it is and what is happening when. I'm pretty sure that tonight is a blog post night....

        First on tonight's blog I need to try a second video that I said I'd add last week. Nine seconds.  If I remember correctly, a teenage neighbor was running his ATV backwards on our driveway, and I was photographing by turning backwards from the front seat. Such a treat!!

 


                     And what follows is more about our winter snows, which, after all, cover each of us 

                                                     no matter our politics.

 

 



 

busy birds

 

Christmas morning X 2  (I didn't go anywhere that day!)
























yesterday morning










living room Christmas lights, or rather December lights, by T.


winter "lights," in a favorite photo of mine from years ago, called frost fence
                                                                        

            I love to work with these photos, since it requires concentration and doesn't cater well to life interrupted.  I revisit each place where I made the photo, a journey only I can really savor. For the blog, I try to pull some of the images together as if they were feeding off each other.  Story. Life is all about story, public ones and private ones. They are for telling each other.

            I had a comment from me from someone I know who recently wrote me a wonderful note. This is how it works: She puts a comment on my blog, and then it comes to me first to clear it for publishing.  However, her email address doesn't come with it.  In this case, I know the person but I don't have her email address so I couldn't ask her if she wanted me to publish the whole thing.  Usually it's not that complicated, but I thought I'd communicate with her and at the same time explain this aspect of comment leaving...  Thanks -- Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment