Sunday, January 31, 2021

there's always work to do to learn what's true..

post #526                                      The Hurtle Ahead of Us

 Everyone needs to acknowledge that Joe Biden clearly won the 2020 election,                             especially the people who work in government, who are supposed to work for all persons in our nation.

  

The time has come for all of us to face the consequences of how much Donald Trump relies on lies. 

  He lies everyday.  Often.  Regularly.  He must be desperate for attention.  It's sad seeing someone so damaged.

   

There's that video footage of Trump telling the crowd to be strong, and to fight.  It's plain to see that he's using the worked up crowd to cover his inability to accept that       he could have lost a "race" even though the other guy got millions more votes.                                                          

 Yet now so many choose to ignore the implications and the power of his lies.  People were killed. Denying it happened damages the soul. All people are wounded when so many of us choose not to value the facts.


                As I have said often on this blog, truth has ever been a guiding lantern in my life.  SO  I say all this simply because truth is important to me.  We don't have to agree about everything with each other, but we can value truth enough to seek it out. Honor it. Check it out. Use the brain and the heart together. It is not necessarily convenient, but it can be an anchor.   

            I realize that even my photography reflects my focus on the truth. Of course there's art involved, but I prefer seeing what I actually saw and sharing what reflects the reality before me.  Here are several photos from different years that reflect that inclination of mine to go for unexpected real happenings in front of me:

with Pat on Martha's Vineyard's Lucy Vincent Beach

ice from above and below

Sandy's, every Christmas


a good night's work in the shed


You are my SON shine....

beautiful in boots


Forrest and Allen

SF Art Museum wall, with Liz

It will be spring again. Only ten weeks until the Redbud Show.

I was fascinated by how the Golden Gate Bridge looked while in progress.


Violet Joy

Grayson Lake: our one world held together

Thanks for looking at these photos. There's beauty in the truth.

Let's be brave.  Much more brings us together than keeps us apart.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this “peace”. You wrote it beautifully, and it was a helpful preface for me to “see” a truth in each of the photos. Enjoyed it!

    Truth. Seeking it is a skill. Sadly, one that more people needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy - so thoughtful, I really appreciate your sharing this. I hope you are warm and healthy and basking in this afternoon sun!

      Delete