Saturday, May 30, 2015

eastern Kentucky cemeteries, part 2

post #233
        Memorial Day Weekend, 2015, northeastern Kentucky
         
Two cemeteries side by side on our hillside:
 great grandparents and their great grandchild

looking back on those same graves from the second cemetery



a church house cemetery:



a visitor, just like me --

 The McDaniel cemetery, recently added to:


leaving

I visited this next cemetery nearby for the first time, and the family was there. I was so glad to visit with them and find out the story of the place.  The next photo shows the oldest of the 6 or 7 graves, and it belongs to the original owners of the farm.




The last photo is of another small cemetery, this one in an out of the way place in our county.  I have always loved it, for some reason, and I find it fascinating.  There have been some graves added since I first discovered the place, but I like this early photo I took best.  In fact, it is my favorite cemetery photo.  I title it "another spring".

 

1 comment:

  1. There is something lonesome about the phrase "Gone but not forgotten" to me. I like the two visitors, that's a nice touch. These photos really pop when I click on each and they jump enlarged with every detail so magnified! I forget that from time to time. x0x0

    ReplyDelete