Sunday, December 10, 2017

Thanksgiving, in Colorado!

post #364
        Last week's post was about alone time photos, from the last few months. This week it's Thanksgiving in Colorado with my son and family. Next week -- alone time photos, from this summer, just in time for Christmas.... 
          I want to note, however, that I am writing this from Morehead. The roads were too terrible last night for me to make it all the way home from a day in Lexington. Thank you, Tom and Molly!!!! 
          Now on to Denver and family and Thanksgiving:
welcoming lights the Monday night of my arrival


Denver's light rail system took the two kids and me downtown to meet up with Eric for lunch.
       




from the balcony, this is the view of "getting lunch" at the new Whole Foods near Eric's new office location
      Two views from their office, all on the 12th floor of the new office/hotel building -- see the stadium!

floor to ceiling windows!!

Then Thanksgiving, in the mountains near Denver:

LOTS OF TASTY TRADITIONS AND HOME-COOKED FOOD!



Special treat - fresh apple cider (despite what it looks like!!)
LOTS OF CARD PLAYING!



LOTS OF DOG LOVING! 



LOTS OF SPOUSE LOVING!
 


              NOT lots of snow, but all of us did get out for a walk and a session of "skipping snowballs over ice:"




Winter Park, CO

         I'm very thankful, as always, for my family and for having time together. This may sound obvious and trite, but it is monumentally true.

3 comments:

  1. I really pike the sunset picture and the reflection from the glass wall of Eric's building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve - thanks again. I have another reflection photo I'll post next week. When I read your comment I thought I had put it in the Thanksgiving post, but then I remembered I forgot to do it...

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures Ann! So glad you had a nice visit in Colorado

    ReplyDelete