Sunday, December 17, 2017

some "summer 2017 in review" photos

post #365
          It's my pleasure to be thinking of summer, for two reasons. One is that it is cold out, and the trees are bare. There's even a coating of thin ice on my small pond. The other reason, however, is that I am reminded of the wonderful tradition that is our COUSIN CAMP and other such times when it's warm and friends are out and about. So, this "every other week, end of year quick review" idea of mine continues. Working backward through 2017 (see post #363), here are some favorite photos from June, July and August. These are not necessarily celebrating an artist's essential alone time. Instead these times provide important balance to that inclination to be alone and working all the time.

      Sorry, I can't help adding that I am appalled that our government is about to pass a terrible tax bill that will help our elected officials a whole lot but not most of us. And Trump won't even share his tax returns with us. It feels like a hasty, shady, desperate robbery in broad daylight, a behind closed doors bully effort, especially because it will even damage the Affordable Health Care Act at the same time. OK, no more words from me for now. But let's not ever forget, as if we could.


I followed Jonathan's redo of the Purnell barn all summer.  I love taking barn photos....





a favorite photo from the summer, Jean's chair in the garden next to the barn being rebuilt

another neighbor, Gary, came by with his grandson while taking a four wheeler ride here and there

This is where Gary lives, along Mauk Ridge, and I just like this photo I made there.

Let the Cousin Camp show begin!


Actually here are cousins and cousins of cousins, and aunts and uncles and parents....
 

early one morning, photo by Rebecca


   The Cousin Camp usually happens in July. Two June photos are next:
The field next to my house got a bit overgrown, so I had to call in the big guys....
I enjoyed watching Wayne zip around on this thing while mowing where needed!
A long overdue visit with my friend, Sue. She and I visited her son, Zeke. He has a horse farm in the Bluegrass, and the next photo is the barn where we were.
 



Evidence of a walk to the waterfalls after a big rain, by my daughter, her husband and their daughter -- I love this photo and am glad I happened upon it!  Happy outings to everyone, and I hope you enjoyed some summer during this week before Christmas. Stay safe or at least dry out when you can!



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love traveling back to summer to see what you saw so beautifully.

    Since this is Post # 365, you have done a whole YEAR's worth of blogs. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cousin Camp photo is wonderful. Nice kitten also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing summer here, too!
    And love cousin camp! Wonder how many more you have inspired?!

    ReplyDelete