Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas bits, briefly

post #366
         It's a blog day but it's also Christmas eve day! I will be able to do the main parts of this post right now, but I can sense that I will want to tweak it in a day or two, after there's a bit less on the schedule. I hope everyone everywhere is having a good day today, whether or not Christmas is part of it. The weather report for eastern Kentucky is giving a covering of snow during the night. We haven't had any of the white stuff yet to speak of, and there's not anything in the close future, so tonight's bit will be much anticipated and appreciated.
          Some current events, some Christmas photos from recent years, and mostly greetings during this major holiday time.

          First, happy news about George Ella and Steve whose son, Joey, and his wife, Whitney, presented to the world a baby girl, the first grandchild for both their families!! I took this photo of George Ella this month during our writers group meeting and Christmas meal; she has been smiling an amazing amount this month, even more than usual.



       Now two Christmas tree photos, one from 2016 and the second, rediscovered, from 2013! (I never before realized what a fun photo it actually is.)
I had asked her, which is your favorite ornament.

Who says I never post photos of myself on this blog!

       Next: one patient grandaughter while I have my monthly hair cut. I believe the phone rang and Jenn had to go answer it. What else is a photographer supposed to do with that time? She looks so poised to me, and she's only 6.


     Then here's the most current of events: the 42 year old fridge, the one we used and defrosted all that time, has been replaced!! Here the old has made it outside to the deck. Eventually it will be moved to the barn for seed storage or something (after the door is made safe.) Please notice the lower yellow bumper sticker on the right side. I'd say it's hysterical to find it there, hidden all these years by the wall it was next to, but actually it's historical!!


        Note: I will be hoping that our dysfunctional president can at least show a modicum of Christmas spirit for even a few days and desist from public bullying of people who don't please him. There are real problems in the world, like over a million sick with cholera in Yemen, and our fellow citizens in Puerto Rico still not having electricity after 3 months, etc. Some compassion and genuine leadership would serve us all well. It has to do with learning about seeking the truth and trusting the journey that takes us on. 
     
    Don't you think this is good time of year to tell someone you love about something you love, before year's end?

1 comment:

  1. Love the bumperstickers, the grand and her fav, and the self-photos, two in one! Happy New Year, Ann!

    ReplyDelete