Sunday, December 9, 2018

more winter photos, guest photographer

post #409
              Rebecca was up early two days ago, took the dogs for a walk before work, and went to some familiar places -- which welcomed them with winter wonders that would soon melt away. Thanks, R, for how open you are to this place on earth that you love. I am very moved by these four photos you took.









    [.... I've decided on a new term:  PIP, i.e. post in progress. . . . ] The first two additions to this post this evening show the prep the day before Morehead University's annual Arts and Crafts Festival  -- with over 100 juried vendors. It felt like it was held earlier than usual since the first Saturday in December this year came on the 1st.


my 10 x 10 space -- thank goodness this is held in the old gym and not outside, because we had a fair amount of rain during the Friday setup time and the Saturday event day. It's always fun to visit with various people who stop by the "booth".  Thanks as ever for your support!!


Fiber artist Jennifer Reis, my friend and former booth-mate, is diagonally across the aisle. She had to work all day so didn't get started on the setting up until later Friday afternoon. Of course, she did a great job, photo to follow:. She shared her booth this year with Dustin, who has taken up broom making!

show in progress, on Saturday

       To wrap up for now, I am sharing two spring photos.  As beautiful as the snow can be, it comes with long dark nights and uncertain road conditions.  I like to be reminded that spring will be here before we know it. I realize it's not yet even officially winter, but I'm very aware that folks in North Carolina and my friend Sue and family in southwest Virginia are having a hard stormy time this weekend, and I wish them well. We seem to be just a bit too far north to have gotten any of it.





2 comments:

  1. I really like R's photo of the snowy fern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve - I agree! The first time I saw it, it blew me away. I've always said the big part is seeing something like that in the first place. Paying attention has to factor in, for all artists. Anyway, thanks for sharing your reaction!

      Delete