Sunday, December 16, 2018

from the dark of winter, beauty in the ordinary

post #410
       I want to start out with a photo of where the owl sat on this branch (in the middle of the photo) when we had the "visit" I wrote about last week. I remain hopeful that I might  experience another such visit another time.


This is the hill I had walked down on the way to the owl.  The curve at the top is always a bit tricky -- no way to see what is coming from the opposite direction!
       I seem to be unable to resist taking photos even of the ordinary work of home repair!  Despite the cold, wet weather, some faulty cement outside has now been replaced, and a cement mixer even came to the house!  I was somehow thrilled by the experience of looking over the balcony around the second floor (this is not a big house) directly into the mixed cement! 


All is ready.  (Photo by T.)



This is probably pretty ordinary, but I was fascinated even so. I have always been intrigued by the pouring of cement from trucks that carry on circulating while they drive along.
          Well, it is close to Christmas and a good time to share some treasures.  I so enjoyed the beautiful dolls my friend Melva and a friend of hers make. She incorporated several of them into her family tree this year!  I loved seeing them yesterday.  Maybe she will even be able to use a photo of mine for a note card at some later date! But in any case, once again, I can't help taking a photo. For me it's simply a way -- or a habit --  of seeing more closely. 




         I need to finish this post now, but if I find the one photo I am missing tonight, I will add it soon. I wish everyone a safe holiday season, and beauty when you see it or make it.

1 comment:

  1. All great & interesting ! I didn’t, however, make all those angels. :-) love love

    ReplyDelete